Anne Hathaway Finally Comfortable With 'Serious Actress' Tag





Hollywood star Anne Hathaway submerged herself in whimsical tales about princesses and magic because she was terrified of more challenging roles.

The 24-year-old actress, who made her name in The Princess Diaries and Ella Enchanted, admits she wasn't ready to become a serious actress early on in her career.

But Hathaway believes she has now proved to herself she can cope with more complex parts, after taking lead roles in Brokeback Mountain and forthcoming Jane Austen biopic Becoming Jane.

She says, "I rode the one-trick pony for a while, then I figured maybe it was time to come out of hibernation.

"First, I had to work through some s**t in my personal life. I wasn't ready to be a serious actress, with all that entails, because I still had a lot of questions about myself as a human being. But now I'm totally there, and more comfortable than ever just going about and showing what I can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive